Updated at: Monday Feb. 12, 2018 at 11:41 AM
This site is intended to inform the WVU Tech community about emergencies occurring on the Montgomery campus. In the event of an emergency:
- Up to date information will be posted on this web page.
- The University also will communicate with employees and students via messages to official WVU Tech e-mail addresses.
- Information will be provided to print, broadcast and web-based media outlets.
- Families receiving Parent Electronic News will be notified.
Reporting an Emergency
In the event of an emergency please follow these steps:
- Call 911 (9-911 from campus phones) for any situation that requires immediate police, fire, or medical response to preserve life or property.
- Use any of the outdoor blue tower emergency phones to report a campus emergency. Just pick up the receiver and press the button on the front center panel. Campus Police may be reached at (304) 442-3101
Important Phone Numbers
- University Police: 304.929.2677 (COPS)
- University Police Mobile: 304.382.7165
- Beckley City Police: 304.256.1720
- Environmental Health and Safety: 304.442.3377
- Parents Club Hotline: 800.988.0096
- WVU Tech Student Health Services 304.929.1241
- WVU Tech 24 Hour Counseling Hotline 304.292.1237
In the event of emergencies involving WVU Tech students, students and parents should contact the Dean of Students Office at 304.929.1232.
If the emergency occurs outside normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8:15 am – 4:45 pm), please call the Department of Public Safety (Campus Police) at 304.929.2677 (COPS) where someone is on call 24 hours a day.